Governance and Discipline
GOVERNANCE is the act of governing with authority and control.
The remit of the Governance Commitment is to monitor and recommend policy on Club Membership, Club Discipline, Safety & Welfare and Competitions.
The members of the Governance Committee are Elected Chairman: Competitions’ Chairman: Welfare Manager: Chair of Discipline: Youth Registrar: Referees’ Liaison.
They are responsible for Competitions, CPA Welfare and Discipline and must make recommendations to the Management Board on policy concerning all aspects of effective administration of the CB and Clubs.
They are to review the policy and monitor all Club actions regarding discipline, the safety and welfare of players.
They must monitor the implementation of RFU policies to make the game as safe as possible for players at all levels and ages.
They must make recommendations on policies for Competitions & Leagues
They make recommendations for changes to the Laws of the Game.
They should increase the awareness of Clubs of the growing importance of Local Authorities and other Recreational Bodies
They should liaise, as necessary, with the Disciplinary Panel and Referees
CHAIRMAN: Arthur Bowden (With powers to co-opt) Tel: 01722 322388: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Dove Disciplinary Panel Chairman: Tel: 07703 172732 email@example.com
Clive Drake Competitions Chairman: Tel: 07970 500357 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Harris Safeguarding Manager: Tel: 07886 004236 email@example.com
Dave Wookey Youth Registration/DBS Compliance: Tel: 07850 625018 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference
Overall responsibility for Competitions, CPA Welfare and Disciplinary matters.
• Make policy recommendations to the Management Board in regard to all aspects of efficient and effective administration of the CB and Clubs.
• Review policy and monitor all Club actions with regard to discipline and to the safety and welfare of players and to monitor implementation by Clubs of RFU policies to promote ways of making the game as safe as possible for players at all levels and ages.
• Make recommendations on policies for Competitions and Leagues.
• Make recommendations for changes to Laws of the Game.
• Ensure Clubs are aware of the growing importance of Local Authorities and other Recreational Bodies.
• Liaise as necessary with the Disciplinary Panel.
David Dove Chairman Tel: 07703 172732 : dove email@example.com
Wendy Dove Secretary: Tel: 01722500272
(All correspondence to Secretary at 8 Fyfield Close, Salisbury SP1 3WU
Chairman & Nick Dark, Philip Kennedy, Alistair Morrison, Stuart Murrow, John Wilding, or Dave Beck
Terms of Reference
To hold disciplinary hearings and impose punishment, subject to appeal to the RFU, for any infringement of the Laws of the Game or any conduct that is prejudicial to the interest of the CB, the RFU or of the game as authorized by RFU Rule 5.12
Hearings will normally be held on the first Wednesday of each month in the season from September commencing at 7.30pm at The Cycling Club, Salt Lane, Salisbury,Tel: 01722 503111 at 7.30 pm